One of my favorite OG youtuber’s definitely Jaclyn Hill because of her unique, honest, down to earth personality and of course her immense talent. If you haven’t heard of her, I highly suggest you checking out her beauty channel (here).
Just recently she posted a ‘Ride Or Die’ Makeup Tag video which I really enjoyed watching – especially because I feel that we get caught up easily with all the new brands that bring out one new product after the other…It
- doesn’t give us the chance to test certain products long enough to actually know if we like them or not
- makes us forget about ‘older’ products that actually may have worked much better
- makes it difficult to keep up with the newest trends/products
So this is a tag about our most favorite products in each makeup category. I am excited to read about what your ride or dies are.
Enjoy my all time favorites:
- Makeup Forever – Step 1 Skin Equalizer
- it works well in creating a layer over my pores and imperfections which is a great base for a flawless foundation
- Bobby Brown – Corrector in Light Peach
- it works great when applied with my ring finger because the skin to skin contact makes the corrector blend into your skin. The color is perfect to correct dark blue, green circles. TIP: only use the corrector on the areas that have darkness.
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation – in shade ‘sun beige’
- it is a great buildable, affordable foundation which stays the whole day. I customize is to my liking: e.g. for a little less coverage and more dewy look, I apply a couple drops of my face oil.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer – in the shade custard/ginger
- the most perfect concealer in my opinion because it is creamy, doesn’t settle into my fine lines, provides a good amount of coverage and highlights my under eye area at the same time.
- Kat Von D – Shade ‘n Light Palette
- the consistency of these powders have the perfect contour shades and are perfect to blend out.
- uhh this is difficult…can I name 2? My ride or die one though is…
- Too Faced Chocolate Bronzer – Medium Deep
- it is a perfect shade in between a contour and a bronzer which gives my face that healthy, sunkissed look without looking orange
- Rimmel – Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent
- So far it is the best I came across but I am on the hunt for a loose, translucent powder.
- Milani Baked Blush – in Luminoso
- it gives you that peachy, healthy sheen which is perfect for any look .
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill – Champagne Pop
- the consistency is soo soft and applied with a damp beauty blender it melts into your skin leaving behind a champagny glow.
- Morphe -35o
- amazing color selection for a warm, brown, reddish or natural look. The shades are well pigmented, well priced and easy to blend.
- Maybelline Lasting Drama Eye Gel Liner – Blackest Black
- even though I feel like it is more work using a gel liner (because you need a brush, gel may dry out…), I love the application and the finish of this gel liner the best.
- Clarins – Eye pencil in 01 noir waterproof
- extremely black and creamy. It is great to smoke out your upper lashline as well as your lower lashline.
- Artdeco Angel Eyes
- extremely black and lengthen as well as gives volume to my lashes at the same time.
- Huda Beauty Lashes – in Samantha
- a good mix between natural and dramatic lashes.
- Cover Girl Eyebrow Pencil – Smokey Taupe
- great to (over-)line your lips and make them look naturally full.
- NYX buttergloss – in Madeleine
- suits my complexion the best (rather a browny nude than a pinky nude). It smells yummy. Always in my purse because it is fool proof and I don’t need a mirror to apply.
- NARS Velvet Matte – in Dragon Girl
- my favorite matte formulation plus red shade of all times. It is great to either line your lips or fill them out completely. Very comfortable to wear.
- Bobbie Brown Rich Lip Color – in Uber Beige
- an all round lipstick good to have in your purse.
- Urban Decay – Allnighter Setting Spray
- especially great for my oily girls. It keeps your makeup flawless throughout the day and night.
What are some of your RIDE AND DIE products you can’t live without? Also let me know if you have found a loose translucent setting powder that you love (I am tempted to try the Laura Mercier one).
Have a fabulous end of the week!