I love the feeling of soft and hydrated lips and like a lot of you ladies, I am sure we went through tons and tons of products that were just meh or not satisfying at all.
I use lip care products all year round and on my makeup free days, I would only put a lip care product on and I am good to go. Today, I want to share with you my top 4 products that will leave your lips hydrated and super soft (even when the product on your lips are gone).
Lip Care Products With A Tint:
- Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector by Clarins:
This product is hands down my favorite tinted lip care product because it has so many pro’s:
- it is very hydrating
- you can put on one layer and it gives you a very sheer hint of color or
- you can layer it for a more ‘opaque’ yet still very soft application
- it repairs and protect your lips
- it smells delicious
- the contour of my lips are not well defined – this product creates perfect definition for my lips
- it comes in several shades: apricot shimmer, rosewood shimmer, nude shimmer, rose, candy shimmer and petal shimmer
Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil, Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Dipentaerythrityl Tetrahydroxystearate/Tetraisostearate, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Unsaponifiables, Irvingia Gabonensis Kernel Butter, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Parfum/Fragrance, Silica Dimethyl Silyate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Oryzanol, Tribehenin, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopherol, Bht
2. Love Your Lips Lip Butter (Pomegranate and Rose Hip Oil) by Oh So Heavenly
The name of this lip butter couldn’t be more appropriate!! A fellow beauty blogger (I will talk more about in my next post) introduced me to this product and ever since trying, I have been loving this product:
- it smells divine
- it is made with pomegranate and rose hip oil
- it has a pretty milky pinkish tint to it
- it is very moisturizing
- it protects and repairs my dry lips
- it comes in several different flavors: pure honey -almond oil, pomegranate and rose hip oil, strawberry smooch, cupcake kisses, chocolate caress
I couldn’t find any listing of ingredients for this product!
This is a product from South Africa, so you may have to order it online.
Cost: around 1.70$
If you are looking for the perfect, hydrating lip balm product and price is not a deterrent for you, I would suggest you trying the Clarins Lip Perfector as it is an all round talent and I love that it really smooths out any imperfections you may have on your lips.
If you are on a budget, the Oh So Heavenly – Love Your Lips Lip Butter are just what you expect from a solid lip care product.
Clear Lip Care Products:
My All Time Holy Grail Product for chapped lips/ dry heels/ burns or bites is
If you are an Aussie, you may be well familiar with this gem. I came across this ointment when I lived in beautiful Australia. It is a family business that runs since over 100 years using 100% Australian grown papayas/pawpaws.
- antibacterial and antimicrobial properties
- glides on smoothly
- deep and long lasting hydration
- multi – purpose
- I like to use it to prep my lips before applying liquid lipsticks or on top for a glossy finish
- made without: polyplasdone, polyvinylpyrrolidone, talc, shellac, palm oil, glycerin or sodium lauryl sulphate.
Carica Papaya 39mg/g Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru
Cost: around 12$ for 25g
Curious what Beyoncé uses to keep her lips looking hot and hydrated? Her secret is aquaphor which you can find in every drugstore (in the US) and this product is truly bomb! I have to admit though that I am not the biggest fan of some ingredients (e.g. mineral oil) which you can find in several beauty products. I like the fact that it
- is a great multi-purpose ointment
- protecting and hydrating chapped or cracked skin and lips
- it also helps protect against wind and cold weather
- great base for liquid lipsticks
- everyday use
Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol (L-Alpha)
Cost: 5.99$ for 1.75oz
What is your favorite lip product for dry and chapped lips? Let me know in the comments below, so that I can try it as well!
I hope you are having a wonderful end of the week and an amazing 4th of July weekend (if you celebrate 🙂